Taxi driver returns forgotten laptop - instantly becomes nominated for "Good Citizen of the Year" award! (photo)

- A taxi driver in Tanzania found a forgotten laptop in the backseat of his vehicle
- After returning the laptop to its rightful owner he became something of a local star
- Many locals said that for his actions he should become the person of the year in Tanzania
31-year-old Jonathan  Goodluck Mzava a bajaja taxi driver in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, made an impression on one of his passenger who forgot their laptop in his vehicle.
Taxi driver returns forgotten laptop - instantly becomes nominee for "Good Citizen of the Year" award! (photo)
For his honorable actions the taxi driver is being nominated for "Good Citizen of the Year" Award
"After I dropped my passenger around 1pm, I got others… two of them were students at an international school in Masaki, then I got another one… and two more,” he recalls.  
Jonathan said: “On my way back to Shoppers Plaza, I noticed that there was a parcel on the passenger seat. One thing I knew for sure was that it wasn’t mine. I opened it and found a laptop.”
“If felt sorry for whoever might have left that because I knew the laptop could be containing valuable, and work documents. I also knew that he or she probably thought it was gone for good,” he adds.
Two days later he got a call from the owner of the laptop and after she could prove that the forgotten laptop belonged to her, Jonathan gladly returned the laptop to its rightful owner.
“I can’t thank him enough; I just pray for him to continue like this. I am honestly happy about his gesture of kindness. I did not expect that there are still people with such a big heart in this hectic city,” said the thankful citizen that preferred to remain anonymous.
The story of the forgotten laptop became a viral hit in Tanzania where many people said that Jonathan should get the person of the year award.

Popular Posts